Breaking News

Man accidentally sets fire to his flat after using 100 tea lights to write ‘Marry me?’ for girlfriend

Mr Ndreu said: “Valerija always says the most important thing is the small gestures every day – but I wanted to do something special for the proposal.

“It didn’t go exactly as I thought it would but she said yes, so I think the day took an unexpected turn but ended up exactly how I wanted it to.”

Mr Ndreu spent over four hours preparing his romantic setting, which included having a bottle of Chianti waiting for them and a romantic playlist playing on a speaker.

He added: “I hope this serves as a warning for others that maybe there is such a thing as too much love, or too many candles.”

Mr Ndreu and Miss Madevic have been together for just over a year after meeting on a dating website.

The couple are now staying at the home of Mr Ndreu’s cousin.

Fortunately, only a laptop, a speaker, and some books were lost in the fire. They said they hoped to tie the knot on the anniversary of the fire and promised to invite the fire brigade as special guests.

Article source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/05/man-accidentally-sets-fire-flat-using-100-tea-lights-write-marry/

Related posts

Coronavirus: Some social distancing needed ‘until vaccine found’

Times of News

Merkel panic: Germany to introduce new emergency measures – fears second coronavirus wave

Times of News

Meghan Markle prepares to issue ‘controversial criticism’ in final break with royal past

Times of News