Domain Registration

‘It’s all frankly nonsense’: Harry and Meghan dismiss ‘baseless’ lawsuit claims over South Park episode

  • February 22, 2023
  • Entertainment

A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle has said reports the couple will take legal action over a South Park episode are “frankly nonsense”.

An edition of the American animated TV series appeared to take aim at the couple.

The episode, called Worldwide Privacy Tour, featured a “prince of Canada” character and his wife who move into the fictional South Park.

The fictional couple were seen drawing attention to themselves and promoting a memoir, called Waaaagh.

There were also similarities with Harry’s hair and beard and with an outfit which Meghan wore at Trooping the Colour in 2018.

Royal commentators in some sections of the media had suggested Harry and Meghan’s lawyers were looking at the episode, but these claims have been dismissed.

A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told People magazine: “It’s all frankly nonsense. Totally baseless, boring reports.”

More on Meghan Markle

Image:
Harry and Meghan at Buckingham Palace as part of Trooping the Colour in 2018

Last month, it was revealed a Netflix series on Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, was the streaming service’s second-highest ranked documentary it had ever released.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Harry: ‘They lied to protect my brother’

The documentary’s airing before Christmas came in the lead up to the publication of the duke’s controversial memoir, Spare.

The autobiography became the fastest-selling non-fiction book in the UK since records began in 1998 following its release on 10 January.

Article source: https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-dismiss-baseless-lawsuit-claims-over-south-park-episode-12817156

Related News

Search

Get best offer

Booking.com